- Make art out of your trash and then have an art show at home. https://www.pinterest.com/FreedaHeldzera/kids-trash-art/
- Make plantable seed paper from old paper scraps. https://climatekids.nasa.gov/seed-paper/
- Draw pictures of your favorite animals that need greater protections, such as bees, sea turtles and orcas. Post the pictures to social media and tag your elected officials.
- Write a letter to your school district asking them to adopt electric school buses.
- Organize a family litter patrol. Get gloves and/or pick-up tools and pick up trash if you go on walks at a nearby park.
- Start an indoor container garden. https://greatist.com/health/best-plants-to-grow-indoors#veggies
- Watch The Story of Stuff and clean out your junk and look for treasures. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9GorqroigqM
- (My favourite) Make your own solar oven from a pizza box and find out how using solar power could make your community healthier and cleaner. I managed to boil an egg in the oven! https://www.homesciencetools.com/article/how-to-build-a-solar-oven-project/
- Make your own wind turbine and learn about the power of offshore wind. https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-fair-projects/project-ideas/Energy_p025/energy-power/power-of-a-pinwheel#procedure
- Write a letter to your State Assemblyman asking him or her to raise the issue of plastic pollution in Parliament to:
(1) Stop accepting plastic waste from other countries.
(2) Shut down illegal plastic waste recycling plants and regulate and monitor licensed plastic waste recycling plants.
(3) Stop businesses from giving out free plastic bags and using single-use plastic products such as disposable drink cups, straws, and cutlery.