GREEN LIVING EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT
EARTH DAY FOREST CLEANUP AND COLOUR FIGHT PARTY
Come celebrate Earth Day by doing your bit for an urban green lung and partying with like-minded nature-lovers!
Date: Sunday, 24 April 2016
Time: 8.30 a.m. – 11.00 a.m.
Location: Kota Damansara Community Forest, Seksyen 10 Kota Damansara, at the Gazebo facing the school.
Dress code: Old clothes and a white t-shirt that you don’t mind ruining.
For the clean-up and tree-planting session:
- A hat/cap
- Gardening gloves
- A gardening spade or shovel
- Sturdy gunny sacks for heavy items, broken bottles and sharp metal objects.
- Drinking water and snacks/picnic food to share.
For the colour fight:
- A change of clothes
- Water to clean yourself up with
- An old white t-shirt to wear during the colour fight
- Rubbish bags/old newspapers to line your car seats with if you are driving home after the colour fight
- Swimming goggles or protective eye wear (important if the participant is a child)
- A washable bowl or cup to put coloured flour in.
- Plastic bags / ziplock bags (kindly reuse) to put phones, wallets and valuables in.
8.30 – 8.45 a.m. Safety briefing and distribution of tools and rubbish bags/sacks.
8.45 – 10.00 a.m. Cleaning up the KDCF hiking trail and around the lake and planting 50 merbau saplings.
10.00 – 10.30 a.m. Group photo and midmorning snack break, picnic style
10.30 – 11.00 a.m. Holi-inspired colour fight using coloured flour.
1 Participants will be responsible for their own safety at all times. Parents are encouraged to exercise discretion in deciding whether to allow children under age 6 to participate.
- Participants are encouraged to carpool, bike or walk to the event. There may be a Lucky Draw with prizes for participants who biked or walked to the venue.
- The Colour Fight is an optional activity. You can choose to leave before it takes place, or opt to watch or photograph it without entering the fray.
- Individuals who show up for the Colour Fight without first volunteering for the cleanup and tree-planting session will be charged RM5.00.
- Green Living SIG will provide rubbish sacks, gardening gloves, spades and coloured flour for the colour fight. However, all assistance in bringing your own gardening gloves, tools, rubbish sacks and coloured flour will be highly appreciated, and consistent with our environmental values. If you have any old but clean white t-shirts that you are willing to lose, please bring it along for others who may have forgotten to wear white.
- Please keep the event waste-free. We will clean up the field before and after the colour fight. At the same time, please bring food, beverages, sunblock, water for cleaning up, etc in reusable containers.
- Assistance is needed in making large amounts of coloured flour. If you are interested in volunteering for this, please contact Ee Lynn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register for this event or to offer to volunteer/contribute items, please contact Ee Lynn at email@example.com